Tuesday, April 15, 2008

What do I do now?

So after my tirade on the last post, "What do I do now?"

I guess I need to spend some time thinking about why I play WoW. I need to determine if that reason has changed. If it has am I OK with that? If it hasn't how do I get back to feeling about it the way I did?

If it has changed and I really have converted over to the raiding aspect fully and that's the most important thing to me, then I need to find a guild to fill that need whether my friends go with me or not.

If it hasn't changed, but raiding is still important to me, then I need to discuss with them what we're going to do. We started our guild with the understand that we had 10 of us ready to join and start raiding Kara. A couple of these guys were already past Kara, but were willing to join up and get us caught up to them. That didn't happen. In the meantime a couple of others joined large raiding guilds and didn't want to give up the opportunities that presented themselves beyond Kara. Can't blame them really.

So first thing I could do is just find my own guild and go. Still stay in contact with my friends, but go and do the raiding thing with or without them.

Second, I could look for a raiding guild that would take all of us and more importantly allow us to group together.

Third, I could look for a small guild that doesn't have enough people to raid and join forces whether or not we join the guild.

Fourth, we could recruit for our guild and try to build a solid base for raiding. The concern here is that we'll recruit people who aren't quite ready, because those who are probably have already found their place elsewhere.

I've already talked this over with one of my friends and he has the same concerns as I. We both want to see and experience as much content as possible before Wrath of the Lich King comes out. We won't be able to do that spending a lot of time helping others gear up, especially if they only leave us after doing so.

Guess I got a lot of thinking to do. What do I do now?

No comments: