Monday, April 14, 2008

In the meantime...

This post is a little old, but I laughed so hard that I just had to share!
Karazhan Bingo!

In the meantime, it's been quite a while since my last post. I've started a couple, but never get around to finishing them. Ironically, one is a list of things I need and want to do to help me prioritize my goals.

Work has been busy. Just got handed another project to buy out and I didn't have the first clue as to what I was looking at. Still need to spend some time looking at the plans and specs.

As for WoW, I've been busy there too. Just a month ago, my gear score over at Be Imba! was 145. Today it's 184!!! Pretty happy about that. Spent the last month getting into Karazhan and getting close to getting it on farm. Two weeks ago we happened to clear Attumen, Moroes, Maiden, Oz, and Curator in 3 hours. We one shotted all the bosses except Moroes because we had a hunter break CC resulting in two wipes. First time, shame on you! Second time, shame on us!

Anyway, all in all it went great. By Saturday we got through Shade, Chess, and Prince. Which by the way due to my semi-bad luck both Light's Justice and Helm of the Fallen Champion dropped. As there was another Paladin and a Rogue in the group, they rolled for the Tier 4 token and I automatically got Light's Justice. This arrangement was more than fair, but man a Tier 4 token!! Still, I probably have more of a chance getting the pally token again than the mace, so I'm pretty happy.

Actually over the past month in Karazhan I've gotten a crapload of gear, both for healing and off-spec tanking, I've had more than my fair share of luck. Healing gear has dropped on half of the bosses each time we've gone. I've also spent a lot of time on my enchanting and getting everything I can out of healing bonuses. Last night I finally reached Exalted with the Aldor. Spent about 3 hours grinding for Fel Armaments and Marks of Sargeras to get the last 3800 reputation points I needed. I was able to then upgrade my shoulder enchant to Greater Inscription of Faith. Granted it's only 4 more healing points and 4mp5, but it was one of those things on my to do list that I can scratch off now.

Unfortunately, our Karazhan raids fell apart last week. I'm still a little fuzzy on the details as I wasn't actually there and I'm getting enough information second hand to make anyone wonder, but it all happened two Saturdays ago.

We had made fairly quick progress through the week and got stuck on Prince the Friday night before I got my Light's Justice. Every time the totem like adds [sorry can't remember what they're called right now] fell, they fell right on top of us or blocked our way around when we had to relocate. Every one was a frustrating battle as we beat on Prince only to lose to an unlucky placement of adds. So we decided on Saturday that we would try again. We agreed on 3pm server time and only a handful of us showed.

I've gotten some real life aggro from my wife about the amount of time I've started dedicating to WoW, so I made a deal with her to cut back some and plan accordingly. We finally got everyone back on board late that evening and after downing Prince we moved on to Netherspite. I had never been here before and it was pretty impressive. I'll admit I made a classic "noob" mistake by not reading up on it. Didn't know that we were going to try considering everyone talked about how hard it was and indications were we weren't doing it. Should have been prepared though.

After a few tries, my wife was getting angry as I had agreed to watch a movie with her that evening, so I finally said I had to go. The group agreed to take a 30min break and find a replacement for me. That's when it fell apart.

Our Kara group was made up of primarily two groups. There are 6 of us that were members of an old guild and we now comprise parts of 2 guilds. The other 4 are all part of another guild we partnered up with. The GM of that guild was always the Loot Master. Let me first say that in general I like this guy. He seems to know what he is doing and coordinates the fights well calling out incomings, etc. He is somewhat young and his age shows it in his cockiness, but I can forgive that as he is a nice guy. Sadly, he seems to be at the root of what happened.

This GM never came back that evening. The rest of the raid group waited for 90 minutes and finally decided to replace him. On the second try, they downed Netherspite. Everyone was pretty excited.

The following day we gathered together to try Karazhan again, but the GM said that he'd been every day this last week and didn't want to go today. When he was told that's fine, he accused others of having an attitude with him. My buddy, the main tank and raid leader, ended up having a talk with this guy and supposedly words were exchanged to a point that it got kinda ugly. Well, needless to say we aren't grouping with them anymore.

The bad thing is we finally had the majority of Kara on farm after four weeks. We'd all learned how to group together and knew each other's strengths and weaknesses. It was going great!

We're bummed, but we're hopeful we can recruit a few more in our guild to start again. My buddy and his girlfriend are way past Kara when it comes to gear and joined a new guild that's in Mt. Hyjal, so they're able to spend less and less time with us. Although we've done the first half of Kara this week, it took days to do.

Actually we'll be talking about it this evening on whether we should recruit or join a raiding guild.